Friday 9 May 2014

Writing

After reading some interesting books, I came across a fantastic piece of writing that instantly made me want to add another question to my list. I feel it will provide me with in depth answers to the difference of teaching between the two.

"Teaching methods are about the technical process of teaching whilst teaching styles are more about the teachers and the way that they conduct themselves during the teaching session" Jarvis. P, 2nd Edition The Theory And Practice Of Teaching. pg 30.

Whilst reading the above passage, I asked myself how the two are different. Which one is more useful? I think the following questions will help me gain more clarity, and to see if there is an overlap in the method of teaching and the styles in which they use them.

1. What would you say, is the difference between the methods of teaching and the style of teaching?
2. Which of the two is most important to you as a teacher and why?


No comments:

Post a Comment