Friday 9 May 2014

5C
After exploring ethics in the last two blogs I have found myself questioning my own ethics in my profession and comparing them to ethical frameworks in different professions.
There are a wide variety of ethics in different working environment. Reader 5 explains in the Greeks view the way they carry out everyday tasks and activities in a ‘good’ way, contributes to an effective society. Just like nowadays, since professions have built up over the years and ethics have become more established, completing your work in a good way is often related to the consideration of ethics.

In the case Study 3, I started to become confused with the quotes included from the professionals. I asked myself, was he thinking about ethics when singling one student out in front of the class? If a complaint was made, who was to be held responsible? The structure of the business seemed a little unusual. no clear set up of managerial roles are made, which can outline a poorly run professional environment, leading to holes in ethical education. It made me realise that ethics and boundaries have to be set in all types of working environments. My inquiry involves interviewing individuals, so my ethical considerations will have to be clear to them as well as myself. I will assure their personal details will be kept confidential and no personal questions will be asked to maintain a comfortable atmosphere.

Reader 5 outlines the three main contexts in which ethics are considered-
·         Personal- Family, Religion.
·         Professional- Code of conduct in the working environment.
·         Organizational- Ethos in the organization, how things are done.

The Professional context is something I can use whilst carrying out my inquiry. After blogging about the types of ethics, my concentration seemed to gravitate more toward the professional codes of conduct, exploring the do’s and dont’s in a working environment. This is the main context I tend to use and put to work in my inquiry.

No comments:

Post a Comment