Friday 9 May 2014

Using a combination of knowledge and passion that I've nurtured over the years, I've decided to base my inquiry on a question that's always intrigued me; what are the differences and similarities between classroom teachers and dance teachers? I will be able to use my passion for dance as a base and my experience as a teacher to reflect upon my inquiry.

It is believed that, "The teachers style can influence the form of learning that takes place as much, if not more, than the teaching method employed." (The theory and Practice of teaching pg 29) But, in order for the legitimacy of style to be accepted as equally important to substance, it is useful to analyse the affects of various teaching styles to see how different teachers can use the same techniques. In order to collect information and start my research I have developed some questions to ask the two types of teachers. I have chosen to use the same questions for both interviews to enable me to analyse the answers and help me to find parallels.

No comments:

Post a Comment