Friday 9 May 2014

6b

After reading through reader 6, I will be aiming to collect qualitative research as I feel the results will support my line of inquiry. Therefor, I piloted a interview process with a fellow dance teacher and was satisfied with the results. Not only did I manage to sustain an engaging interview with the participant, but I also managed to explore the option of asking different, unplanned questions that arose from answers they had given. This supported my belief that the interview process will be the main source of my data collecting, and that it will provide a sufficient amount to contrast and compare.

Pros of interviewing
  •          Ask and plan specific questions
  •          Recording the interview will help write up results accurately
  •          Data collected will be based on genuine experience
  •          Collecting qaulitive data.

·         Cons of interviewing 
  •      Working in a time limit of someone else.
  •          Possibility of withdrawal from participant
  •         If straying away from questions to indulge in new and exciting topics, information collected could get hazy.


Questionnaire is another tool I’m thinking of using. As I want to be collecting qualitive data I want to make sure my answers are not of a numeric result but in depth answers with explanation. A questionnaire will help me to broaden my questions to other professional teachers, and to have more data to compare and contrast.

Pros of questionnaire
·         Helpful to collect more data
·         Quick way to obtain results.

Cons of questionnaire
  •          Chasing completed forms 
  •          Forms could be filled out inaccurately.



No comments:

Post a Comment